• Discoverability Visible
  • Join Policy Invite Only
  • Created 29 Jun 2010

Missing Tight Binding Parameter Links in the InAs/AlSb/GaSb

Tags On This Discussion

(none)

1. Sapan Agarwal

Hi,

I’m running tight binding sp3s* with spin orbit simulations and I found that some of the links between the different materials are missing. For instance in InAs:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_Klimeck I’ve added

rule[$param$_Al_Sb] = AlSb:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_Klimeck:$param1$_Al_Sb;

rule[$param$_Sb_Al] = AlSb:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_Klimeck:$param1$_Sb_Al;

In GaSb:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_Klimeck I’ve added

rule[$param$_Al_Sb] = AlSb:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_Klimeck:$param1$_Al_Sb;

rule[$param$_Sb_Al] = AlSb:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_Klimeck:$param1$_Sb_Al;

Thanks, Sapan

Report abuse

2. Tillmann Christoph Kubis

Hi, Rules that work in the database can also be defined in the inputdeck. There, they have higher priority than what is given in the database. Please let us know if that works for you. Thanks, Tillmann

Report abuse

3. Sapan Agarwal

I’m having some difficulty figuring out the correct syntax since this is a rule that applies to many parameters in the param_Klimeck group. I have the following line in all.mat:

rule$param$_Al_As = AlAs:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_NEMO1D:$param1$_Al_As

This is within the following parameter set: InAs:Bands:TB:sp3sstar_SO:param_Klimeck and so I’m not sure how to reference the particular location in the input deck.

Thanks, Sapan

Report abuse

nanoHUB.org, a resource for nanoscience and nanotechnology, is supported by the National Science Foundation and other funding agencies. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.