Support Options

Submit a Support Ticket

• Discoverability Visible
  • Join Policy Invite Only
  • Created 29 Jun 2010

Eigenfunction and electron density output files

1. Sapan Agarwal

Hi,

What are the different columns in the psi_fxx.dat files? What are the units for each column? What are the units for the psi_fxx.vtk file?

Similarly, what are the columns and units of the *_electron_density_vtk.dat file and the *_electron_density_vtk.dat.vtk file?

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Regards, Sapan

Report abuse

2. Ross Maspero

Hi,

Just in case people still want to know, I think that the values in the psi_fxx.vtk file represent the atomic positions (in x,y,z) and their respective wave function probabilities (psi^2)

Hope this helps

Ross

Report abuse

3. Ross Maspero

I forgot to mention that I think it only does this for k = (0,0,0)

Report abuse

4. tonmoy kumar bhowmick

How can I get only the wave functions (psi) including the complex part if any; not the probability(psi^2)

Report abuse

5. Tillmann Christoph Kubis

@Ross Maspero: Sorry for the late reply. NEMO5/Schroedinger should dump out the eigenfunctions always for the last k-point that has been solved. That can differ from Gamma…

@Tonmoy Kumar Bhowmick: You should add the option “complex_WF” in the output list of the Schroedinger, such as e.g. output=(eigenfunctions_VTK,orbital_resolved,complex_WF)

Report abuse

nanoHUB.org, a resource for nanoscience and nanotechnology, is supported by the National Science Foundation and other funding agencies. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.