ORCIDEnter your ORCID.
Address(es)Enter an Address
- 1986-1989 Ph.D. in Theoretical Chemistry (summa cum laude), The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot. Supervisor: Professor Moshe Shapiro.
- 1983-1985 M.Sc. in Physical Chemistry (summa cum laude), The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot. Supervisor: Professor Moshe Shapiro.
- 1980-1982 B.Sc. in Chemistry (summa cum laude), The Tel-Aviv University, Ramat-Aviv.
- September 2004-present Professor of Chemistry and Physics, Northwestern University.
- July 2005-August 2008 Chair of Physical Chemistry Division, Northwestern University.
- March 2003-present Professor of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston.
- June 1999-February 2003 Senior Research Officer
- Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences
- National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa.
- October 1998-February 2003 Cross-Appointed Professor of Chemistry
- Queens University, Kingston.January 1996-June 1999 Associate Research Officer National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa.
- March 1996-October 1998 Adjunct Assistant Professor, Queens University.
- July 1993-January 1996 Assistant Research Officer, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa.
- July 1992-July 1993 Principal Investigator, NASA Ames Research Center, Mountain View.
- June 1990-June 1992 Weizmann postdoctoral fellow and Fulbright postdoctoral fellow, University of California, Berkeley.
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS:
- Fellow, American Physical Society.
- Fellow, Guggenheim Foundation.
- Member at Large of the American Physical Society Division of Chemical Physics, 2008-2010.
- Weston Professorship, 2007-2009.
- A. von Humboldt Research Award, 2004-2008.
- Distinguished Lecturer, Windsor University, 2008.
- Weizmann Institute Visiting Professor Fellowship, Rehovot 2006.
- Technion Visiting Professor Fellowship, Haifa 2005.
- Galileo Galilei Lectureship, Pisa 2004.
- Weizmann Institute Visiting Professor Fellowship, Rehovot 2004.
- Hebrew University Visiting Professor Fellowship, Jerusalem 2003.
- ITAMP Visiting Professor Fellowship, Boston 1997.
- Emerson Visiting Professor Fellowship, Atlanta 1996-1997.
- Wegner Fellowship, 1996.
- Fulbright Research Award, 1990-1991.
- Chaim Weizmann Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1990-1991.
- Knesset of Israel Award for Distinguished Students, 1990.
- J.F. Kennedy Award Prize, 1990.
- Knesset of Israel Award for Distinguished Students, 1989.
- Weizmann Institute Award Prize in memory of Daniel Brener, 1989.
- Feinberg Graduate School Award Prize, 1985.
- Tel-Aviv University Award, 1982.
- Tel-Aviv University Award, 1981.
- Hebrew (native), English, German and French.
- Associate Editor of Physical Review Letters.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Physical Chemistry.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience.
- Distinguished member of the Editorial Board of the Open Physical Chemistry Journal.
- Advisory Editor for Theoretical Chemistry Accounts.
- Specialist Editor of Computer Physics Communications.
- Member of the International Advisory Editorial Board of Physical Chemistry Communications.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Advances in Physical Chemistry.