- Why is Isub called a thermometer of hot electron distribution? Why can you not simply measure hot electrons by looking at the drain current?
- What are the three methods of HCI voltage acceleration?
- If theory of universal scaling is so good, why not use it all the time? (Hint: Think about measurement time)
- How many devices and how long do you need for HCI testing based on hydrodynamic theory? What about Universal scaling theory? What about direct lifetime projection?
- If Monte Carlo simulation is so good, why does not everyone use Monte Carlo simulator to do lifetime testing?
- We assumed t0~1/IG ~ 1/kF, what theory of SiH bond dissociation did we use?
- Explain the origin of power-exponent of 2 in the Keldysh theory.
- What is the impact ionization threshold for GaAs?
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
EE 226, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- course lecture