- Explain why percolation resistance is area independent?
- Why is the physical origin of the distribution of percolation resistance?
- How would the ratio of hard and soft breakdown change with an auxiliary parallel capacitor in constant voltage stress? Explain.
- What is the evidence from HBD that a thermal process may be involved?
- In constant voltage stress, do you expect that BD would be harder for thicker oxide? Or does it not matter?
- How might people have missed SBD even for thin oxides where BD in operating condition is expected?
- Do you find a limitation of the SPICE like model used in the analysis?
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
EE 226, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- course lecture