- Mention a few differences between thick and thin oxide breakdown.
- Is breakdown in thick oxides contact dominated? Can I use AHI theory here?
- How does the Paschen’s cascade initiate?
- What does it mean to have a fractal dimension of 1.7 for 2D breakdown? Why does the number suggest spatial correlation ?
- What is a color center? How does color center help us visualize breakdown in polymers?
- Explain physically the origin of the minimum breakdown voltage for gas dielectric?
- Is gas dielectric breakdown reversible? What about solid dielectric BD?
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Muhammad Alam (2013), "ECE 695A Lecture 29R: Review Questions," http://nanohub.org/resources/17485.
EE 226, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN