- Why do people use Normal, log-normal, Weibull distributions when they do not know the exact physical distribution?
- What is the problem of using empirical distributions? What are the advantages?
- If you must choose an empirical distribution, what should be your criteria? (Nos. of parameters, physical principles, etc.)
- Why does everyone suggest the use of CDF for empirical data-fitting, rather than PDF? (Obviously one can go from one function to the other)
- There are all sorts of distribution functions (e.g. survivability function) ? If everything is related to everything else, why do we need so many?
- How would you determine the BFRW failure rates? Mean Hazard rate?
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
EE 226, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Use the error messages below to try and resolve the issue. If you are still unable to fix the problem report your problem to the system administrator by entering a support ticket.
- Unable to find presentation.