SPMW The Nanomechanics of compositional mapping in amplitude modulation AFM
The qualitative advantages of phase imaging were recognized and exploited since its beginnings, however, quantitative measurements of material properties has been hampered by the complex dynamics of amplitude modulation AFM. This is about to change because a wave of different contributions are shedding light into the relationship between non-linear dynamics, forces and energy dissipation processes during the tip-surface interaction [4-18].
In this presentation I will present the advances in understanding the nanomechanics of high resolution compositional mapping by AM-AFM as well as some of its applications.
- R. Garcia, R. Perez, Surf. Sci. Rep. 47, 197 (2002)
- J. Tamayo and R. Garcia, Appl. Phys. 71, 2394 (1997)
- J.P. Cleveland et al. Appl. Phys. Lett. 72, 2613 (1998)
- M. Stark , C. Möller, D.J. Müller and R. Guckenberger, Biophys. J. 80 3009 (2001)
- M. S. Marcus et al. , Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 226103 (2002)
- M. Balantekin and A. Atalar, Phys. Rev. B67, 193404 (2003)
- B. Bhusham and J. Qi, Nanotechnology 14, 886 (2003)
- H. Bodiguel, H. Montes and C. Fretigny, Rev. Sci. Intrum. 75, 2529 (2004)
- T.R. Rodriguez and R. Garcia, Appl. Phys. Lett. 449, 84 (2004)
- R.W. Stark et al., Phys. Rev. B69, 085412 (2004)
- P. Martin et al., Nanotechnology 16 901(2005)
- P.D. Ashby and C.M. Lieber, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 127, 6814 (2005)
- N. Rehse, S. Marr, S. Scherdel, and R. Magerle, Adv. Mater. 17, 2203 (2005)
- W. Wu, K. Matyjaszewski, and T. Kowalewski, Langmuir 21, 1143 (2005)
- A. Schirmeisen and H. Hölscher, Phys. Rev. B72, 045431 (2005)
- S. Crittenden, A. Raman and R. Reifenberger, Phys. Rev. B72, 235422 (2005)
- S. Hu and A. Raman, Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 036107 (2006)
- N.F. Martinez and R. Garcia, Nanotechnology 17, S167 (2006)
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Ricardo Garcia (2007), "SPMW The Nanomechanics of compositional mapping in amplitude modulation AFM," https://nanohub.org/resources/2176.
Burton Morgan Building, Room 121