This learning module introduces the most common etch processes used for the fabrication of microsystems. Activities allow students to demonstrate their understanding of the terminology and basic concepts of these processes.
This learning module consists of the following instructor materials and guides.
- Learning Module Map (Suggested outline for Instructors)
- Pre-test (Knowledge Probe)
- Reading: Etch Overview for Microsystems
- Presentation: Etch Overview for Microsystems (pptx)
- Activity: Etch Terminology
- Activity: Science of Thin Films
- Activity: Bulk Micromachining - An Etch Process
- Final Assessment
Student materials for this learning module are available here.