This learning module introduces the most common etch processes used for the fabrication of microsystems. Activities allow you to demonstrate your understanding of the terminology and basic concepts of these processes.
This learning module consists of the following.
- Pre-test (Knowledge Probe)
- Reading: Etch Overview for Microsystems
- Presentation: Etch Overview for Microsystems
- Activity: Etch Terminology
- Activity: Science of Thin Films
- Activity: Bulk Micromachining, An Etch Process
- Final Assessment
Instructor materials for this learning module are available here.
This work made possible by Southwest Center for Microsystems Education (SCME), a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded Center through DUE grants #0830384, 0902411, and 1205138. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and creators, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NSF.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Southwest Center for Microsystems Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM