This learning module provides information on the evolution of the current systems of weights and measures, and an overview of the International Standards of Units and metric system. Activities provide the opportunity to research the current state of weights and measures around the world and its importance to society and industry, specifically its importance to microtechnology fabrication and design. Instruction and practice for converting from any unit of measure to another is also provided.
This learning module includes the following:
- Learning Module Map (outline for instructor)
- Pre-test or Knowledge Probe (KP)
- Reading Material: Units of Weights and Measures
- Presentation: Units of Weights and Measures
- Activity: Research
- Activity: Conversion of Units
Student materials for this learning module are available here.