In order to grasp many of the concepts associated with micro and nano-size devices, one needs to understand scale and the size of objects associated with different scales. This learning module introduces various concepts associated with scale, and a comparison of the macro, micro, and nano-scales. Activities provide the opportunity to further explore the macro, micro and nano scales and their associations with micro and nanotechnology.
This learning module consists of the following.
- Learning Module Map (outline for instructor)
- Pre-test: Knowledge Probe
- Reading: Comparison of Scale - Macro, Micro, Nano
- Presentation: Comparison of Scale - Macro, Micro, Nano
- Presentation: Introduction to Cut-To-Size Activity
- Activity: Cut-To-Size
- Activity: Scale of Biomolecules
- Activity: Zoom In/Zoom Out
Student materials for this learning module are available here.
Southwest Center for Microsystems Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM