This learning module provides an overview of three micromachining processes (bulk, surface, LIGA) used for the fabrication of microsystems or MEMS (MicroElectroMechanical Systems). Activities are provided that contribution to a better understanding of these processes and that encourage further exploration.
This learning module includes the following:
- Learning Module Map (Guide for instructor)
- Pre-test (Knowledge Probe)
- Reading: MEMS Micromachining Overview
- Presentation: MEMS Micromachining Overview
- Activity: Terminology and Concepts
- Activity: Research
Student materials for this learning module are available here.
Southwest Center for Microsystems Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM