This learning module introduces the MEMS micropump, how it works and where it is used in microtechnology. Activities allow for further discovery into the operation of micropumps.
MEMS = MicroElectroMechanical Systems
This learning module includes the following.
- Learning Module Map (Suggested outline for instructors)
- Pre-test (Knowledge Probe)
- Reading: Micropumps Overview
- Activity: The Diaphragm Pump
- Activity: Capillary Action
Student materials for this learning module are available here.