This learning module provides an overview of the DNA molecule, its role as genetic material, its molecular components and structure, and DNA replication. This information is necessary to understand the role of DNA in bioMEMS (bio MicroElectroMechanical Systems). Activities provide the opportunity for more exploration into DNA concepts and DNA applications in microtechnologies.
This learning module contains the following:
- Learning Module Map (outline for instructors)
- Pre-test: Knowledge Probe (KP)
- Reading (PK): Overview of DNA
- Presentation: Overview of DNA (pptx)
- Activity: Exploration of DNA Concepts
- Activity: DNA Applications
Student materials for this learning module are available here.
Southwest Center for Microsystems Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- DNA rep
- Micro and Nanotechnology