This learning module provides information needed to understand how the digitally encoded information in DNA is translated into a functional protein that can be used for biomedical applications. Activities delve deeper into protein structure and function as well as gene transcription.
This learning module contains of the following:
- Learning Module Map (outline for instructors)
- Pre-test: Knowledge Probe (KP)
- Reading: DNA to Protein Overview
- Presentation: DNA to Protein Overview (pptx)
- Activity: Protein Structure and Function
- Activity: Gene Transcription
Student materials for this learning module are available here.
Southwest Center for Microsystems Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM