This learning module is an overview of how microtechnology is used for standard clinical laboratory tests. It covers the advantages and challenges of taking clinical tests out of the laboratory to the point of care (POC). An activity allows you to dig deeper into a specific test or technique and discover how microtechnology is changing medical diagnostics.
This learning module contains the following:
- Learning Module Map (Guide for Instructors)
- Pre-Assessment (Knowledge Probe)
- Reading: Clinical Laboratory Techniques and Microtechnology
- Presentation: Clinical Laboratory Techniques and Microtechnology (pptx)
- Activity: A Micro-Sized Testing Device
- Final Assessment
Student materials for this learning module are available here.