This learning module provides an overview of DNA microarrays - types of arrays, aplications, interpretation, design, and fabrication. Activities provide the opportunity for students to gain a better understanding of these concepts as well as to discuss the ethical questions surrounding some of the applications and possibilities of these arrays.
The contents of this learning module include:
- Learning Map (Guide for instructor)
- Pre-test: Knowledge Probe
- Reading Material: DNA Microarray Primary Knowledge
- Presentation: DNA Microarray Overview (pptx)
- Activity: DNA Hybridization
- Activity: DNA Microarray Terminology
- Activity: DNA Microarray Model (Requires a kit - See the activity)
- Activity: DNA Microarray - An Ethical Dilemma?
- Final Assessment