You must login before you can run this tool.
This tool is a collection of Jupyter notebooks which go through all steps of functional uncertainty quantification (FunUQ) for interatomic potentials in molecular dynamics, matching cases from multiple papers. The main steps are:
- Define folders, simulation system, and models
- (Run simulations)
- Calculate functional derivatives
- Calculate correction for quantities of interest due to changing from one function to another
If you use this tool for your research, please cite this tool and consider also citing the FunUQ literature [1-3].
LAMMPS molecular dynamics simulation code , an open source project distributed by Sandia National Laboratory: http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/Manual.html
This tool is developed by the Strachan Research Group:
- Reeve, S. T. Strachan, A. Quantifying uncertainties originating from interatomic potentials in molecular dynamics. (Submitted to MSMSE 2018).
- Reeve, S. T. Strachan, A. Error correction in multi-fidelity molecular dynamics simulations using functional uncertainty quantification. J. Comput. Phys. 334, 207-220 (2017). (DOI: 10.1016/j.jcp.2016.12.039)
- Strachan, A., Mahadevan, S., Hombal, V. & Sun, L. Functional derivatives for uncertainty quantification and error estimation and reduction via optimal high-fidelity simulations. Modelling Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng. 21, 065009 (2013). (DOI: 10.1088/0965-0393/21/6/065009)
- Plimpton, S. Fast Parallel Algorithms for Short-Range Molecular Dynamics. J. Comput. Phys. 117, 1–19 (1995).
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: