This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
The tool is supported by a homework assignment in which Students are asked to explore the differences between Fermi-Dirac and Maxwell-Boltzmann distributions, compute electron and hole concentrations, study temperature dependences, and study freeze-out.
First Time User Guide:
This document provides important information about the tool, underlying physics and some assignment problems to help the user to get acquainted with the tool.
- Corrected the display of certain outputs.
- 2.0.2: Fixed Si bandgap Si Eg(300K) = 1.1245 eV.
- 2.0.1: Renamed for Fermi Level and Doping selection. Default setting for doping set to Nd=1e14/cm3 & Na=10/cm3.
- 2.0: Improved energy grid with inhomogeneous meshing. Temperature dependent electron/hole mass and Bandgap implemented for Si/Ge/GaAs. Plot for Maxwell-Boltzmann statistics updated. Fixed for correct carrier calculation with Fermi-Dirac statistics.
- 1.2.1: Updated tool tip for correct material parameters being used for simulations.
- 1.2: Fixed for a bug in calculation of carrier densities. Computed values match analytical results for default input.
- 1.1: Corrected ni value for Si at 300K. Plots made more resolved in energy axis.
- 1.03: Updated the Front page of the tool with correct figures of the distributions.