This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
No results found.
Types of 1D periodic Potential in the tool:
- Rectangular Potential
- Triangular Potential
- Parabolic (harmonic)Potential
- Coulombic Potential
- Sinosoidal Potential
Recent Changes and BugFixes:
- Added predefined material masses, such as GaAs, InAs, InP.
- Reduced the maximum barrier height to a lower value in square well case.
- Wavefunction plot added to the output. Completes this wish
- 50% Wavefunction probability plot added to the output. Completes this wish
- New Sinosoidal Periodic potential added to the tool.
- Now the tool provides a log of the steps run in the tool. Need to put the error messages if the tool fails to generate any result.
Bugs and known Issues:
- Effective masses come out wrong in some case. Working to fix this.
- Allowed energy bands sometimes miss some bands.
First Time User Guide This document explains some important details about the tool and details to use the tool. This is very useful if you are running the tool for the first time or want to understand the basic science behind the tool.
Other useful documents: A list of some other useful documents associated with this tool.
- Quantum Mechanics: Periodic Potentials and Kronig-Penney Model [Link]
- Kronig-Penney Model Explained [Link ].
- Simplified Band-Structure Model [ Link ].
WishList : See all the wishes here and add your wishes too.