This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
- Typical simulation runtime : Less than a minute
Improvements / modifications in subsequent version releases:
- 1.8.3 - Added Field dependent and Concentration dependent mobility.
- 1.8.2 - Fixed for overwriting of previous simulation runs.
- 1.8.1 - 'Net Recombination' plot changed to 'Net Thermal Recombination' plot. Photo-generation rate is not included in the calculation.
- 1.8 - Fixed potential plot for 'Bias only' case to show zero slope at equilibrium. Fixed recombination rate plot - It now reads 'Net Recombination' (+ve values mean net recombination & -ve values mean net generation in the bar).
- 1.7 - Meshing made robust to treat different examples.
- 1.6 - Added option for solution of Electrons and Holes simultaneously (Ambipolar), Electron only & Hole only contunuity equations. Fixed for improved meshing.
- 1.5 - Updated to include carrier mobility in the input deck. Fixed for Absorption length for light shine experiments. Corrected for carrier concentration near edges with No Surface recombination at both ends.
- 1.4 - Included status bar for running simulations.
- 1.32 - Changed penetration depth for light shine at the edge. Thin penetration is allowed now.
- 1.131 - Fixed for minor error in meshing. Accurate definition of mesh with light shine option.
- 1.13 - Fixed for error in Surface Recombination Velocity (cm/s) at the contacts and added another tab to for it. Recombination velocity can now be defined for electrons and holes and at both contacts separately.
- 1.11 - Added Surface Recombination Velocity (cm/s) in input deck .
- 1.1 - Updated for GUI. Carrier Generation Rate (/cm2/s) with light shine is user defined. Added Current density in output plot J(x)
- 1.0 - 1D linear Drift-Diffusion simulator launched.
PADRE (Pisces And Device REplacement) developed by Mark Pinto & Kent Smith at AT&T Bell Labs.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: