Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 19: Band Structure and Some In-Class Simulation: DFT for Solids
- Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 26: Life Beyond DFT -- Computational Methods for Electron Correlations, Excitations, and Tunneling Transport
- Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 12: In-Class Simulation of Ising Model
- MIT Atomic Scale Modeling Toolkit
- Illinois Solid State Electronic Devices Classes Tools
- Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 5: A Day of In-Class Simulation: MD of Carbon Nanostructures
In this class we briefly review band structures and then spend most of our class on in-class simulations. Here we use the DFT for molecules and solids (Siesta) course toolkit. We cover a variety of solids, optimizing structures, testing k-point convergence, computing cohesive energies, and computing band structures and density of states.
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Jeffrey C Grossman; Elif Ertekin (2008), "Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 19: Band Structure and Some In-Class Simulation: DFT for Solids," https://nanohub.org/resources/4510.