Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 20: Quantum Monte Carlo, part I
- Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 8: Monte Carlo Simulation Part II
- Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 7: Monte Carlo Simulation Part I
- Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 21: Quantum Monte Carlo, part II
- The basics of quantum Monte Carlo
- Monte Carlo Method and Its Applications
- ECE 656 Lecture 31: Monte Carlo Simulation
- Particle Based Monte Carlo Simulator for Bulk Semiconductors
- Generalized Monte Carlo Presentation
This lecture provides and introduction to Quantum Monte Carlo methods. We review the concept of electron correlation and introduce Variational Monte Carlo methods as an approach to going beyond the mean field approximation. We describe briefly the Slater-Jastrow expansion of the wavefunction, and show how we can recover the some of the correlation energy using a variational approach to optimizing this form of the wavefunction.
University of California, Berkeley
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Elif Ertekin; Jeffrey C Grossman (2008), "Computational Nanoscience, Lecture 20: Quantum Monte Carlo, part I," https://nanohub.org/resources/4564.