This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
Transmission and the reflection coefficient of a five, seven, nine, eleven and 2n-segment piece-wise constant potential energy profile
- Quantum-Mechanical Reflections
- Quantum-Mechanical Reflections in Nanodevices
- Double-Barrier Structure
- From one well, to two wells, to five wells, to periodic potentials
- Bands as a function of the geometry of the n-well potential
Improvements / modifications in subsequent releases:
- 1.1.2 - the energy and transmission coefficent axis are exchanged, so the resonance peaks now line up with the spatial resonances in the barrier structure.
- 1.1.2 - bug-fix: transmission through a single barrier can be simulated now in the "n" barrier case. The code no longer provides an empty output.
- 1.1.2 - the adaptive energy refinement was improved through a different algorithm. The tool no longer utilizes the Matlab built-in adaptive integration routine but an adaptive resonance finding and grid refinement technique as used in the NEMO1D tool or the Resonant Tunneling Diode Tool.
- 1.1.2 - The single barrier case has been corrected and should be functional.
- 1.1.2 - The tool now has a progress update for the adaptive resonance finding.
- 1.1.4- The tool now has the tight-binding Green's function based formalism built into it. This will enable the user to make a comparison between the Transfer matrix method and the single band tight-binding calculation.
- 1.1.5- spatially varying effective masses are introduced.
Dragica Vasileska lecture notes on Quantum mechanics http://www.eas.asu.edu/~vasilesk .
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: