- Exercise: Dopants and Semiconductor Statistics
- Slides: Degenerate Perturbation Theory
- Evaluating the Fermi Function at Ec
- ECE 616 Lecture 8: Solid-State Laser Mode-Locking Including Phase Effects
- nanoHUB-U FoN T1.3: The New Ohm's Law - Degenerate and Non-Degenerate Conductors
- nanoHUB-U FoN T1.3: The New Ohm's Law - Degenerate and Non-Degenerate Conductors -- Self Paced
This exercise teaches the students how to calculate Ec-Ef from charge neutrality for general Fermi-Dirac statistics and compensated semiconductors. As such it then allows the student to calculate temperature dependence of the electron and hole densities as well as the position of the Fermi level.
Researchers should cite this work as follows:www.eas.asu.edu/~vasilesk
Dragica Vasileska; Gerhard Klimeck (2008), "Exercise: MATLAB Tool Construction for Degenerate/Nondegenerate Semiconductors That Includes Partial Ionization of the Dopants," https://nanohub.org/resources/5146.