Dr. K. George Thomas, a Scientist of the Photosciences & Photonics Group, Photoscences and Photonics, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science & Technology (formerly, Regional Research Laboratory) of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Trivandrum, India had his early schooling in Kerala, India. He received his Masters degree in Chemistry from the University of Pune in 1983 and Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Kerala in 1989. He was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Photosciences and Photonics Group of the National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science & Technology, Trivandrum during 1989-1994. Subsequently, he joined NIIST, Trivandrum as a Scientist (1994). He has published around sixty five peer-reviewed original research articles, two review articles and contributed three chapters in books. His research interests are in the areas of photochemistry, photophysics and nanomaterials. He is a recipient of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Chemical Sciences (2006), the MRSI Medal (2005) of the Materials Research Society of India and the CRSI Bronze Medal (2004) of the Chemical Research Society of India. He is a fellow of Indian Academy of Sciences and Honorary Faculty Member of the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore.
- Thomas, K. G.; Kamat, P. V. Acc. Chem. Res. 2003, 36, 888.
- Thomas, K. G., chapter entitled “Surface plasmon resonances in nanostructured materials,” in Nanomaterials chemistry: Novel aspects and new directions, Rao, C.N.R.; Mueller. A.; Cheetham A. K. (Eds.) Wiley-VCH (2007) pp 185-216.
- Joseph, S. T. S.; Ipe, B. I.; Pramod P.; Thomas, K. G., J. Phys. Chem. B 2006, 110, 150.
- Sudeep, P. K.; Joseph, S. T. S.; Thomas, K. G., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 6517.
- Pramod, P.; Joseph, S. T. S.; Thomas, K. G., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 6712.
- Vinayakan, R.; Shanmugapriya, T.; Nair, P. V.; Ramamurthy, P.; Thomas, K. G., J. Phys. Chem. C 2007, 111,10146.
- Ipe, B. I.; Yoosaf, K.; Thomas, K. G., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 1907.
- Yoosaf, K.; Ipe, B. I.; Suresh, C. H.; Thomas, K. G., J. Phys. Chem. C 2007, 111, 12839..
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: