Quantum Mechanics for Engineers: Course Assignments
Licensed according to this deed.
No results found.
This set of exercises should help the students better understand the basic principles of quantum mechanics as applied to engineering problems.
- Introductory concepts in Quantum Mechanics
- Postulates of Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum-Mechanical Reflections
- Quantum-Mechanical Reflections in Nanodevices
- Bound states calculation
- Double barrier structure
- From 1 well to 2 wells to 5 wells to periodic potentials
- Energy bands as a function of the geometry of the n-well potential
- Periodic potentials and bandstructure
- WKB approximation
- Tunneling through triangular barrier
- Harmonic oscillator
- Brute-force approach applied to harmonic oscillator problem and Coulomb potential in 1D
- Operator approach to harmonic oscillator problem
- Stationary perturbation theory 1
- Stationary perturbation theory 2
- Time-dependent perturbation theory
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
; (2008), "Quantum Mechanics for Engineers: Course Assignments," https://nanohub.org/resources/5164.