This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
- Define the heterostructure and click on "Update Visualization" to visualize the entered structure
- Click on "Accept Geometry" and a second tab will appear.
- Modify the simulation numerical parameters (if needed) and click on "Simulate"
Improvements / modifications in subsequent releases:
- 1.0.1 - The charge calculation for the low temperature case has been corrected.
- 1.0.2 - Plotting of data has been improved and should now be much faster.
- 1.0.3 - Fermi-Dirac distribution implemented.
- 2.0 - Complete overhaul of the structure entry. A friendly Tcl/Tk GUI implemented in which materials can be added to a simple, table-based list from a material list defined in a database. The list is currently limited to materials grown unstrained on a GaAs substrate. The computational kernel is modified to take into account many different materials. There are 2 different HFET designs, as QWIP design and QCL design provided as an input.
- 2.0.1 - The density graph has been improved.
the following improvements are planned:
- multi-band models based on empirical tight binding
- more substrates, with more materials.