This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
No results found.
- three different potential models:
- linear potential drop,
- semi-classical Thomas Fermi potential, and
- Hartree quantum charge-selfconsistent potential.
- relaxation in the reservoirs incorporated through a simple relaxation model.
- automatic determination of the AlGaAs barrier height.
- 2-barrier and multi-barrier devices.
- Quantum Device Simulation with a Generalized Tunneling Formula, Gerhard Klimeck, Roger K. Lake, R. Chris Bowen, William R. Frensley and Ted Moise, Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 67, p.2539 (1995).
- Quantitative Resonant Tunneling Diode Simulation, R. Chris Bowen, Gerhard Klimeck, Roger Lake, William R. Frensley and Ted Moise, J. of Appl. Phys., Vol. 81, 3207 (1997).
- Single and multiband modeling of quantum electron transport through layered semiconductor devices, Roger Lake, Gerhard Klimeck, R. Chris Bowen and Dejan Jovanovic, J. of Appl. Phys., Vol. 81, 7845 (1997).
- single effective mass model, no sophisticated multiband models;
- no transverse momentum integration;
- no exchange and correlation potential;
- GaAs / AlGaAs material system;
- no material parameters are exposed to the users for possible changes
Known issues with this release:
- transmission peaks may not be well resolved for thick barriers - observed for 7nm barriers.
- resonances are identified only by peaks in the transmission. There is no true spatial resolution and resonances in the triangular emitter well might be identified as central device resonance.