- Lecture 8: Static Properties
- Illinois PHYS 466, Lecture 1: Introduction
- Illinois PHYS 466, Lecture 7: Dynamical Correlations & Transport Coefficients
- Illinois MatSE485/Phys466/CSE485 - Atomic-Scale Simulation
- Minimal Molecular Simulation Tool
- [Illinois] CABPN Workshop Nov.7,2012 - Biomaterials, Nanomedicine, Tissue Engineering
- Illinois 2009 nano-biophotonics Summer School, Lecture 17: Fluorescence lifetime-resolved imaging, and some ways to finesse information from complex biological samples
Scalar Properties, Static Correlations and Order Parameters
What do we get out of a simulation?
- Static properties: pressure, specific heat, etc.
- Pair correlations in real space and Fourier space
- Order parameters and broken symmetry: How to tell a liquid from a solid
- Dynamical properties –next lecture
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
David M. Ceperley (2009), "Illinois PHYS 466, Lecture 6: Scalar Properties and Static Correlations," https://nanohub.org/resources/6411.