Let’s explore the connection between Brownian motion and Metropolis Monte Carlo. Why?
- Connection with smart MC
- Introduce the idea of kinetic Monte Carlo
- Get rid of solvent degrees of freedom and have much longer time steps.
- Local Markov process
- General Form of Evolution
- Moment Expansion
- Trotter’s formula
- Generalized Trotter Formula
- Evaluation of diffusion term
- Green’s function for a gradient
- Summary of Brownian Dynamics
- Hydrodynamical effects
- Langevin Equation
- Dissipative Particle Dynamics (DPD)FS 465
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
(2009), "Illinois PHYS 466, Lecture 13: Brownian Dynamics," http://nanohub.org/resources/6635.