No results found.
This video shows the simulation and analysis of a nanowire using OMEN Nanowire. Several powerful analytic features of this tool are demonstrated, including the following:
- variation of wire geometry
- current-voltage plots
- spatial variation of electron density along the wire and change in density in the gate region as the applied gate bias changes
- composite plot showing the band structure in the wire contacts and the change in transmission as the applied gate bias changes
- change in the 3D density of states as the applied gate bias changes
- change in current density and transmission as the applied gate bias changes
- change in the 3D electron density, showing electrons entering the gate region as the applied gate bias increases, pushing down the potential barrier
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Gerhard Klimeck; Benjamin P Haley (2009), "OMEN Nanowire Demonstration: Nanowire Simulation and Analysis," https://nanohub.org/resources/6833.