- number and height of the barriers as well as the wells between barriers can easily be modified
- A single quantum well formed by two finite barriers result in resonance transmissions.
- A double quantum well slits the resonance peaks into two components.
- For N barriers, one gets N-1 quantum wells, resulting in resonance transmissions with N-1 peaks.
- The resonances peaks overlap and form a band.
- The positions of the peaks for a dispersion that is similar to the periodic potential dispersion computed in the standard Kroenig-Penney model
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: