Quantum Dot Lab Demonstration: Pyramidal Qdots
No results found.
This video shows the simulation and analysis of a pyramid-shaped quantum dot using Quantum Dot Lab. Several powerful analytic features of this tool are demonstrated, including the following:
- visualization of specific 3D wavefunctions corresponding to discrete energy levels within the quantum dot
- rotating the 3D volume of the quantum dot with wavefunction
- applying cut planes along the x and y axes and moving the cut planes along those axes.
- customizing the color scale used in volume rendering
- scanning through the energy levels of the states inside the dot
- viewing the transition and absorption curves
- returning to the input section to change the size of the quantum dot and running a new simulation
- comparing the absorption curves for different dot sizes
- interactively zooming in on regions of the absorption plots
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Gerhard Klimeck; Benjamin P Haley (2009), "Quantum Dot Lab Demonstration: Pyramidal Qdots," https://nanohub.org/resources/6845.