You must login before you can run this tool.
Laminate properties are calculated in four steps:
1. Calculate the reduced stiffness matrix for each ply in the material coordinate system.
2. Transform each stiffness matrix into the global coordinate system.
3. Calculate the laminate stiffness matrix.
4. Calculate the laminate moduli assuming the laminate is symmetric. Symmetry is not checked by the program.
Stress/strain analysis is preformed by:
1. Calculate the thermal in-plane and bending loads
2. Multiply the total loads (thermal plus mechanical) by the inverse of the laminate stiffness matrix to determine the mid-plane strains and curvatures
3. The stresses in the laminate coordinate system are determined by multiplying the stiffness matrix in the global coordinate system by the mechanical strain.
4. Stresses are transformed into the material coordinate system.
5. Strains are transformed into the material coordinate system.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: