No results found.
• Energy bands, Doping, Fermi levels
• Drift (~n*v), diffusion (~dn/dx)
• Einstein relationship (D/μ = kT/q)
• “Boring” semiconductor resistors (either n- or p-type)
• Majority/minority carriers with illumination
Today, our first “useful” device:
• The P-N junction diode in equilibrium (external V=0)
• Remember, in equilibrium Fermi level must be flat
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Eric Pop (2009), "Illinois ECE 440 Solid State Electronic Devices, Lecture 16-17: Diffusion," https://nanohub.org/resources/7605.