This presentation provides a very high level software overview of NEMO1D.
This lecture provides a very high level overview of quantum dots. The main issues and questions that are addressed are:
- Length scale of quantum dots
- Definition of a quantum dot
- Quantum dot examples and Applications
- Single electronics
- Need for quantum dot modeling
- Model requirements – what are the physical effects that need to be included?
- Overview of some of the existing theories and models
- Tight binding approach
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Università di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- quantum dots
- course lecture