Nanoelectronic Modeling Lecture 28: Introduction to Quantum Dots and Modeling Needs/Requirements
This presentation provides a very high level software overview of NEMO1D.
This lecture provides a very high level overview of quantum dots. The main issues and questions that are addressed are:
- Length scale of quantum dots
- Definition of a quantum dot
- Quantum dot examples and Applications
- Single electronics
- Need for quantum dot modeling
- Model requirements – what are the physical effects that need to be included?
- Overview of some of the existing theories and models
- Tight binding approach
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Gerhard Klimeck (2010), "Nanoelectronic Modeling Lecture 28: Introduction to Quantum Dots and Modeling Needs/Requirements," http://nanohub.org/resources/8598.
Università di Pisa, Pisa, Italy