This presentation discusses the consequences of Alloy Disorder in strained InGaAs Quantum Dots
- Reminder of the origin of bandstructure and bandstructure engineering
- What happens when there is disorder?
- Concept of disorder in the local bandstructure
- Configuration noise, concentration noise, clustering
- Device-to-device fluctuations in nanostructures may be significant even if the shape and size of the quantum dots remain perfectly controlled.
- Configuration noise, concentration noise and clustering in perfectly size and shape controlled quantum dots can lead to optical transition fluctuations that should be experimentally relevant.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Università di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- course lecture
- quantum dots
- band structure
- optical transition
- spatial inhomogeneous