This presentation discusses the consequences of Alloy Disorder in strained InGaAs Quantum Dots
- Reminder of the origin of bandstructure and bandstructure engineering
- What happens when there is disorder?
- Concept of disorder in the local bandstructure
- Configuration noise, concentration noise, clustering
- Device-to-device fluctuations in nanostructures may be significant even if the shape and size of the quantum dots remain perfectly controlled.
- Configuration noise, concentration noise and clustering in perfectly size and shape controlled quantum dots can lead to optical transition fluctuations that should be experimentally relevant.
Università di Pisa, Pisa, Italy