No results found.
This presentation discusses the consequences of Alloy Disorder in unstrained strained AlGaAs nanowires
- Relationship between dispersion relationship and transmission in perfectly ordered wires
- Band folding in Si nanowires
- Tranmisison in disordered wires – relationship to an approximate bandstructre
- Reminder of the origin of bandstructure and bandstructure engineering
- Localization of wavefunctions
- Alloy wires are NOT smooth
- “Conduction band edge” flucatuates locally
- Dispersion changes
- Transmission and Density of states show localization effects
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Gerhard Klimeck; Timothy Boykin; Neerav Kharche; Mathieu Luisier; Neophytos Neophytou (2010), "Nanoelectronic Modeling Lecture 35: Alloy Disorder in Nanowires," https://nanohub.org/resources/9280.
Università di Pisa, Pisa, Italy