This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
For each electrical bias, PADRE solves a coupled set of partial differential equations (PDEs). A variety of PDE systems are supported which form a hierarchy of accuracy:
- electrostatic (Poisson equation)
- drift-diffusion (including carrier continuity equations)
- energy balance (including carrier temperature)
- electrothermal (including lattice heating)
A variety of supplemental documents are available that deal with the PADRE software and TCAD simulation:
- User Guide (HTML)
- Abbreviated First Time User Guide
- A set of course notes on Computational Electronics with detailed explanations on bandstructure, pseudopotentials, numerical issues, and drift diffusion.
- Introduction to DD Modeling with PADRE
- MOS Capacitors: Description and Semiclassical Simulation With PADRE
- A Primer on Semiconductor Device Simulation