This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
diameter, number of hexagons in the unit cell, etc.
- a newer version is CNTbands 2.0
- Download Source Code
- Description of the model:
Band-gap change of carbon nanotubes: Effect of small uniaxial and torsional strain, Phys Rev B, 60(29), 13874-13878 (1999).
- Good introduction to energy bands in CNTs:
"Physical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes," by R. Saito, G. Dresselhaus, and M. Dresselhaus, Imperial College Press (1998).
- Some description of the value for the tight binding energy:
Structural and electronic properties of pentagon-heptagon pair defects in carbon nanotubes, Phys. Rev. B 53, 11108–11113 (1996).
- Note that the graphene sheet model has limitations:
semiconducting narrow carbon nanotubes, by
I. Cabria, J. W. Mintmire, and C. T. White2, Phys Rev B,
67, p. 121406, 2003.