You must login before you can run this tool.
Schred calculates the envelope wavefunctions and the corresponding bound-state energies in a typical MOS (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor) or SOS (Semiconductor-Oxide-Semiconductor) structure and a typical SOI (semiconductor-Oxide_Insulator) structure by solving self-consistently the one-dimensional (1D) Poisson equation and the 1D Schrodinger equation.
- Detailed Description
- Size Quantization Effects and Need for SCHRED
- SCHRED User Manual (with Rappture Interface)
- SCHRED Tutorial (for command-line operation)
To better understand the operation of SCHRED tool and the physics of MOS capacitors please refer to:
- MOS Capacitors Operation Description
- How Quantum-Mechanical Space-Quantization is Implemented in SCHRED, Drift-Diffusion (SILVACO ATLAS) and Particle-Based Device Simulators (Quamc2D)
- SCHRED - Exercise 1
- SCHRED - Exercise 2
- SCHRED - Exercise 3
- The source code of Schred has been attached as a file name "src.zip" and can be found under the Supporting Documents tab.
Gokula Kannan, Dragica Vasileska, “Schred V2.0 - Tool to model MOS Capacitors”, 14th International Workshop on Computational Electronics (IWCE), pp.1-4, Dec. 2010
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
D. Vasileska, D. K. Schroder and D.K. Ferry, “Scaled silicon MOSFET’s: Part II - Degradation of the total gate capacitance”, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 44, 584-7 (1997).