GlobalHUB! The world’s first virtual organization dedicated to global engineering and global engineering education. Whether you’re a student looking for a virtual team for a global service learning project, or a faculty member interested in integrating global engineering content into your lecture courses, or a researcher studying cross-cultural teams, this is your virtual organization. Please explore, enjoy, contribute, and register at GlobalHUB.
GlobalHUB is a member of the inaugural class of fourteen Engineering Virtual Organizations (EVO) funded by the National Science Foundation in 2007. GlobalHUB strengthens the field of global engineering by unifying innovative research, collaboration tools, and educational activities. Our mission is to facilitate a cyber-community of scholars, practitioners, and students that advances global engineering education, eliminates barriers for students seeking a global education, and helps prepare a workforce of globally competent engineers.
The GlobalHUB will achieve this mission by catalyzing a mutually supportive structure among all global engineering participants:
- Student engineering design teams will use GlobalHUB to collaborate with overseas counterparts, accessing both technical and collaborative resources, including language supports, social and cultural expectations, and country-specific information.
- Faculty members researching global engineering education can evaluate the students’ interactions by using the GlobalHUB as a virtual “cultural interaction” lab, interact about program assessment issues and learning outcomes.
- Global engineering practitioners in industry, along with university practitioners, can design and deliver global engineering program resources, ranging from global case studies to global engineering internship opportunities
By serving students, educators and practitioners’ needs, GlobalHUB will provide a comprehensive and self-sustaining virtual engineering education community.
- E Dan Hirleman, Purdue University, Director
- Jan Helge Bøhn, Virginia Tech
- Deba Dutta, University of Michigan
- Eckhard Groll, Purdue University
- Juan Lucena, Colorado School of Mines
- Mourad Ouzzani, Purdue University, Lead Archictect