NCN at Northwestern Tools
N CN@Northwestern Tool Support
(Image(torch2.png, 150, class=align-right) failed - File not found)/www/nanohub/site/wiki/60/torch2.png
We have identified a list of tools for which we commit the following level of service:
- monitor support tickets, questions, and wishlists and provide a response within 24 hours.
- fix simple bugs within a week.
- move long term projects and tool improvement requests to a public wish list.
The overall support structure and philosophy of the NCN and nanoHUB is described in a different page.
N CN@Northwestern Supported Educational Tools
- NUITNS is our “Northwestern Initiative for Teaching NanoScience” consistent of 4 different tools. All the tools in NUITNS are fully supported:
- Theoretical Electron Density Visualizer – TEDVis calculates and displays 3D maps of molecular ED and its derivatives from the wave function
- Molecular Structure Tracer – High-quality display of molecular structures
- UV/Vis Spectrum simulator – Molecular electronic spectra
- CNDO/INDO – Semi-empirical Molecular Orbital calculations
- NanoSphere Optics Lab – Optical properties of nanospheres suspended in water, air, or other solutions
- Nanosphere Optics Lab Field Simulator – Study of the Electric field induced by Light-Nanoparticle interaction.
N CN@Northwestern Supported Research Tools
- PNP Cyclic Peptide Ion Channel Model – Simulate ion flow in a system modeled after cyclic peptide ion channels using Poisson-Nernst-Planck (PNP) theory.
- Coarse-Grain Lipid Simulator.
- Active Media FDTD NanoPhotonic Device Simulator.