NCN at Northwestern Tools
NCN@Northwestern Tool Support
We have identified a list of tools for which we commit the following level of service:
- monitor support tickets, questions, and wishlists and provide a response within 24 hours.
- fix simple bugs within a week.
- move long term projects and tool improvement requests to a public wish list.
The overall support structure and philosophy of the NCN and nanoHUB is described in a different page.
NCN@Northwestern Supported Educational Tools
- NUITNS is our “Northwestern Initiative for Teaching NanoScience” consistent of 4 different tools. All the tools in NUITNS are fully supported:
- Theoretical Electron Density Visualizer – TEDVis calculates and displays 3D maps of molecular ED and its derivatives from the wave function
- Molecular Structure Tracer – High-quality display of molecular structures
- UV/Vis Spectrum simulator – Molecular electronic spectra
- CNDO/INDO – Semi-empirical Molecular Orbital calculations
- NanoSphere Optics Lab – Optical properties of nanospheres suspended in water, air, or other solutions
- Nanosphere Optics Lab Field Simulator – Study of the Electric field induced by Light-Nanoparticle interaction.
NCN@Northwestern Supported Research Tools
- PNP Cyclic Peptide Ion Channel Model – Simulate ion flow in a system modeled after cyclic peptide ion channels using Poisson-Nernst-Planck (PNP) theory.
- Coarse-Grain Lipid Simulator.
- Active Media FDTD NanoPhotonic Device Simulator.
Tool Improvement Wishlist
User due post questions or send support tickets where they essentially ask for new features in tools or suggest improvements. With the limited resources we have available we want to manage these tool suggestions publicly. Eventually we believe that each tool will have its own “Wishlist”. For now we summarize the tool improvment wishes here.