NCN at Purdue Tools
(Image(torch2.png, 150, class=align-right) failed - File not found)
NCN@Purdue Tool Support
We have identified a list of tools for which we commit the following level of service:
- monitor support tickets, questions, and wishlists and provide a response within 24 hours.
- fix simple bugs within a week.
- move long term projects and tool improvement requests to a public wish list.
The overall support structure and philosophy of the NCN and nanoHUB is described in a different page.
NCN@Purdue Supported Educational Tools
- ABACUS is our “Assembly of Basic Applications for Coordinated Understanding of Semiconductors” consistent of 10 different tools supported by Introduction to Semiconductor Devices that provides tool overviews, and homework and project assignments for each of the covered concepts. All the tools in ABACUS are fully supported (Crystal Viewer Tool, Piece-Wise Constant Potential Barriers Tool, Periodic Potential Lab, Band Structure Lab, Carrier Statistics Lab, Drift-Diffusion Lab, PN Junction Lab, BJT Lab, MOSCap, and MOSFet ).
- Quantum Dot Lab enables users to study quantum dots in a simple effective mass model.
- CNTbands enables the analysis of electronic structures and Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene.
- Resonant Tunneling Diode Lab enables the study of resonance tunneling diodes with the NEGF formalism.
NCN@Purdue Supported Research Tools
- Abinit provides a simple interface to the very popular community-based electronic structure code.
- Bandstructure Lab Computes the electronic structure of various materials in the spatial configuration of bulk (infinitely periodic), quantum wells (confined in one dimension, infinitely periodic in 2 dimensions), and wires (confined in 2 dimensions and infinitely periodic in the third dimension). The tool is powered by OMEN, one of our NCN@Purdue tool intitiatives which create new advanced research tools.
- OMEN nanowire Simulate full-band 3D, real-space quantum transport in nanowire structures. The tool is powered by OMEN, one of our NCN@Purdue tool intitiatives which create new advanced research tools.
Links to: Tools, Questions and Answers, and Wishlists
User due post questions or send support tickets where they essentially ask for new features in tools or suggest improvements. With the limited resources we have available we want to manage these tool suggestions publicly. Eventually we believe that each tool will have its own “Wishlist”. For now we summarize the tool improvment wishes here.
|Piece-Wise Constant Potential Barriers Tool||Questions||Vary effective masses along device (original question)||
|Periodic Potential Lab||Questions||no wishes|
|Band Structure Lab||Questions||no wishes|
|Carrier Statistics Lab||Questions||no wishes|
|Drift-Diffusion Lab||Questions||no wishes|
|PN Junction Lab||Questions||no wishes|
|BJT Lab||Questions||no wishes|
|Quantum Dot Lab||Questions||no wishes|
|CNTbands||Questions||Download atomic coordinates (rather than an image) (original question)|
|Resonant Tunneling Diode Simulation with NEGF||Questions||no wishes|
|Band Structure Lab||Questions||Show “kx ky kz E” in final results (original question)|
|~||~||Expand materials to include CdTe (original question)|
|OMEN Nanowire||Questions||no wishes|
|Crystal Viewer Tool||Questions||View crystal planes and exposed surfaces (original question)|