By completing the BJT Lab in ABACUS - Assembly of Basic Applications for Coordinated Understanding of Semiconductors, you will be able to:
a) understand BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistor) operation (npn and pnp type) in Common Emitter and Common Base modes,
b) understand the concept of early voltage, base width modulation and Gummel Plot, and
c) design and study your own BJT structures.
The specific objectives of the BJT Lab are:
If you have not had experience with the BJT operation , here is a list of resources that will help you have the required knowledge to get the most of these issues resolved:
1. Robert F. Pierret, Semiconductor Device Fundamentals (Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 2000). (Chapters 10-11)
* Tutorial_PADRE_Simulation_Tools.pdf (tutorial)
* ECE 606 Lecture 27: Introduction to Bipolar Transistors (Graduate level)
* ECE 606 Lecture 28: BJT Design I (Graduate level)
* ECE 606 Lecture 29: BJT Design II (Graduate level)
Exercises and Homework Assignments
Solutions to Exercises
Solutions to exercises will be provided to Instructors ONLY!